Giving wisely means knowing how your donations are used
Pandas International works directly to support the Panda Reserves in China to ensure the survival of the species. The Reserves focus on captive breeding, habitat restoration, veterinary care for captive and wild pandas, and extensive research on nutrition, behavior, breeding, and ecological needs. A program to re-introduce captive born pandas into the wild has also been initiated and is being expanded. This transitional step will be a gradual, but essential process to increase the number of Pandas in the wild bamboo forests of China.
Panda Bases & Reserves supported by Pandas International
Direct Support of the China Conservation and Research Center for the Giant Pandas (CCRCGP)
- Wolong Nature Reserve – Shenshuping Panda Center, Gengda, Sichuan Province China
- Wolong Nature Reserve- Tian Tai Shan Reintroduction Base, Sichuan Province China
- Wolong Nature Reserve – Wenchuan, Hetaoping Reintroduction Base, Sichuan Province China
- Bifengxia Nature Reserve Yucheng District, Ya’An City, Sichuan Province China
- Dujiangyan Center for Disease Control, Dujiangyan, Sichuan Province China
Additional support provided to
- Shaanxi Wild Animal Rescue and Research Center, Louguantai, Xi’an, Shaanxi Province China
- The Rangers of
An Zi He Nature Reserve, Sichuan Province
Meigu Dafengding National Nature Reserve, Sichuan Province
Baishuijiang National Nature Reserve in Gansu Province
To read more about each of the program areas supported by Pandas International, visit the links to the left.